In 1809, John Denny purchased from J. Stevens the lot on which this structure and the adjacent Cray House are located. It is believed that he constructed this building some time after he built the Cray House, possibly making it the second oldest building in Stevensville. The building was sold to Hugh A. Legg in the late 1800’s, who enlarged the front with lumber salvaged from the old Kent Point School House. Lil Cook ran a confectionary store here in the 1930’s. The large front windows were added later.