In 1894 the Maryland Legislature gave approval to Queen Anne’s Railroad Company to build an east-west railroad across Delmarva, connecting Queenstown, Maryland with Lewes, Delaware. In 1902, the route was extended 13 miles to Love Point, which provided employment and excitement to Kent Island. The 1952 opening of the Bay Bridge brought the railroad era to an end. The abandoned and badly deteriorated terminal building was donated to The Kent Island Heritage Society. It was moved to its present site in 1988 and restored to its 1902 appearance.