The Stevensville Bank of Queen Anne’s County, built between ca. 1903-1907, opened for business in 1909. It is the oldest bank building on Kent Island and one of the oldest in the county. The façade’s classical architectural details and pressed tin ceiling and intact furnishings and vault helped place it on the National Register of Historic Places. Since the bank moved to new quarters in the early 1960s, the building has been occupied as business offices and by merchants. It was built on the site of an apothecary shop owned by Dr. Wm. E. Denny, where his sister and niece–Miss Annie and Miss Lucy—worked as clerks.