In 1851, Charles and Mary Ann Stevens sold the land to the Chesapeake Lodge #59 of the Order of Odd Fellows for one cent. In 1864 the Lodge sold it to the trustees of the Methodist Protestant Church, John Jeffers, Charles Downes, James Denny, William C. Gibson, Franklin Bright, M.G. Goodhand, and C.G.L. Porter. No longer used as a church, it was purchased by William E. Denny III, who restored the structure and its marvelous stained-glass windows—-a number of which are dedicated to the memory of members of his family. Currently, the Methodist Protestant Church is Ye Olde Church House antique shop. The adjacent parsonage was built from ca. 1875-80 to replace rented space [See site 4]. It was originally owned by Charles Goodhand. Currently, this is the home of William E. and Janet Denny III.