Built between ca. 1880-1890 for Dr. J.E.H. Lewis, the first occupant was probably Ann Kemp, widow of Thomas Kemp. She later married her landlord, Dr. J.E.H. Lewis. Her son, C. Percy Kemp made this his home after becoming a physician. He also used Dr. Lewis’s adjacent former office, which no longer exists. The drug store (now a dance studio) built for Dr. Kemp in 1902 was known as Kemp’s Pharmacy.